Friday, February 22, 2008

I don't know what the title should be...

So this is Ellie writing. It was kind of funny last time I wrote, I had asked Dad to publish it after he read it because Mom wanted me to get off the computer.


Anyway, yesterday was my 14th birthday. I'm going to have a birthday party, a sleepover with some friends, on February 29th to March 1st. In the evening we went to GFA to have dinner and then an illusionist guy did his show. It was open to all the staff so there were lots of people there. It was fun. And really interesting. He did a bunch of tricks, but explained or showed us how to do most of them, so that was nice. All my family gave me presents too. Melissa made me an apron which was really amazing, Amy gave me a Starbucks travel mug, Clara gave me homemade slippers, and Mom and Dad gave me this huge stack of paper for like scrapbooking, cardmaking, and all kinds of things.


On Wednesday Mom had gum surgery. Amy and I went with her and did school in the car while she had the procedure done. She has to have her "Silly-Putty bandaids" on for two weeks, so she can only eat smoothies and cold things.


I started getting sick yesterday, and today I have had a fever, a headache, and a sore throat. But right now I don't feel too bad. But being sick will prevent me from going to a church retreat that me and my sisters were going to go to. Anyway, I hope my sisters have a great time! The retreat will be at a hotel in Frisco, and the teaching times will be at the church.


Today Mom let me not do a lot of school, so I started reading the Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have already read more than two-thirds of it! It's kind of funny.

Did I ever say that Amy got a mac? She bought a refurbished laptop off the Apple website. It's fun when she lets me use it :) It's nice for her too to be able to do school on it and stuff.

Well, bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was bored so I thought I would go read some old posts... Oh and um i was very excited that Amy has a mac... they are amazing! is it a mac book or a Realy moniter computer