Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Sleepover and this Weekend

Yeah, so this Friday I had a sleepover with some girlfriends for my birthday, which was on February 21. Three people came, Sharlena, Sarrie, and Christina. I invited Breanna and Emily and Jenny, but Breanna got sick on Thursday, and Emily and Jenny were going out of town on Friday. Anyway, it was really fun. We had lasagna for dinner. When we made the spaghetti sauce, we were gone all day, so it was cooking a long time in the crockpot without being stirred, so it got burnt around the edges. I just stirred it in, and it gave it a really interesting flavor. Sharlena's mom, Diane, was really excited about the burnt spaghetti sauce because she said it tasted really good that way. We also made little scrapbooks with pictures of us friends in them. That was fun. We were doing that after dinner, and then dad said "Do you want to have cake and ice cream soon, it's 9 o'clock?" so I realized it was 9 o'clock. So then we had cake and ice cream. It was chocolate cake and Neapolitan ice cream. I got Neapolitan ice cream because I dreamed about eating that kind of ice cream. It looked really good, and there was a whole ton of it, but I never got to eat any. Anyway, after cake and ice cream we were doing the scrap booking more, and we were doing that till 11. It was really fun. So then we all slept on air mattresses in the family room. I dreamed about food. There was this loaf of lemon bar stuff. Like the sweet bread stuff with lemon stuff inside it. It makes me want to make lemon bars. On Saturday morning, today we slept till like 9 and then we had breakfast. I made a fruit salad, and Dad made pancakes.
Today Clara did a booth sale with her girl scout troop. They also did one yesterday outside of ECC. They sold alot. Both she and Mom (Mom went with her) were pretty tired. They were selling from 4 to 6.
Mom will be getting her bandages off on Wednesday! She will have had them on for 2 weeks then, so the graft will have healed up. So you can pray that it would work and she wouldn't have to have them on for longer! She has to just eat smoothies or blended up foods so she has made all kinds of new smoothie recipes.
Amy has been working on the pictures for her senior slide show that they will show at the graduation. It must be really hard to only pick 30 pictures that can accurately portray 18 years of life!
The weather has been beautiful today and yesterday and Thursday. I don't know what temperature it is, probably 80 or so. But it's lovely weather!
Amy's matching funds thing has really had an amazing response from people! She will have half of her support raised once the funds are matched. A big thank you to everyone who helped!
I have been reading a biography about Amy Carmichael. It is really interesting, and it's amazing how she was just serving God with everything she had. And she was trusting in Him so that she and all her children could be provided for. It's an encouraging book to read.
Oh, I guess I should give an update about how our health is doing since I was sick last time I wrote. I am better, but I still have a cough. Melissa got what I had or something similar to it, but she is doing better. She still has a cough too. Clara has an ear infection. She is doing alright though. And Amy's ankle is doing fine. I think it is just sore though.
We're getting new windows on Tuesday! Dad and Mom were looking at different window companies, and the best one they found was Champion Windows. So a guy came and measured the windows, and then they custom-made them, and they're ready, so on Tuesday, they will come and take out the old windows and install the new ones. Dad took the air conditioning unit out of the window in the master bedroom so they wouldn't have to do it. So it's exciting to be getting new windows. They will be so nice!
Well, I have been writing for a long time now, so bye!

1 comment:

melissa said...

hey, great job. i hope that you had a happy birthday party!
love you like CRAZY!
melissa