Monday, March 10, 2008

This Weekend

Because of the snow on Thursday, our homeschool co-op the next day was cancelled! It was nice to have a break from the regular routine. Amy and Melissa ate lunch at Arby's with some friends, and Mom, Clara, and I got lunch there and then went to the office and ate lunch with Dad. It was nice to see him in the middle of the day. We decided that we should eat lunch with him more often. After all, his office is only 7 minutes from our house!

On Friday night there was Friday Night Prayer. It goes to 3 or 4 am, but we didn't stay that long. Amy took Melissa and Clara home around 12, after the break. Mom, Dad, and I went home at 1. At the main break there is food to help people stay awake. I made lemon bars and took them, and Mom made muffins. It was really cold outside, so I was happy to get a seat inside. Amy said that she would stay inside even if she had to stand, because it was so cold. I sat at the same table as her and Melissa.

Because we stayed up so late, we slept in late. Mom and Dad went to a Will Seminar that the church was having. Even though they stayed up late too, they left the house at 9 am and stayed at the church till 12:30. But they were able to make a new will. I think they just have to meet with the attorney again and sign it or something.

For breakfast Amy and Melissa made a double batch of scones. They were so good! Actually, they still are good, because we still have a couple left. We also had bacon and eggs.

Melissa is going to go on the choir mission trip this summer, and so she made a huge batch of cookies and two pans of brownies to sell at a bake sale to raise money for the trip. Last year Amy went on a mission trip with our church.

Clara only has two people left to deliver Girl Scout cookies to. She has been busy delivering all the cookies that she sold. Even though she sold 225 and her goal was 400, she was glad that she didn't sell more because it would mean lots of delivering.

Clara sold cookies to a couple on the street over from us. When she delivered them with Mom, somehow they got to talking about photography and how Amy was a senior, and then they offered to do Amy's senior pictures for free! So on Saturday Amy got her senior pictures taken. She had a friend, Jessica come over to help do Amy's hair and make-up. Jessica did a great job, because Amy looked beautiful!

After Amy was back from the picture taking, she, Melissa, and I went to our friend Christina's birthday party. It was really fun. We talked alot, and watched the movie Hairspray.

While we were gone, Mom and Dad and Clara had gone to dinner at Cantina Laredo, and to Goodwill. When we got back, they were watching Star Trek. They had a nice time I am sure, and the leftovers were really good, so I am sure the food then was even better!

Melissa's friend Cally slept over on Saturday night. They had fun talking and taking pictures.

Since Sunday was time change day, we all had to get up an hour earlier than normal. I got up at 7:45, but my body thought it was 6:45. I definitely wasn't happy at having to get up early.

Church was good. Pastor Brent talked about how we need to keep on growing in our spiritual life, not just not read our Bible or pray because he didn't talk about it that week. The passage he shared from was Hebrews 12:1-3. It was a neat message.

For lunch we had leftovers. At 2 Mom and Dad met with Mrs. Nelson. She's a lady from ECC. They went to record the tribute for Amy's slideshow that will play at the graduation. Dad and I were talking, and it is only 5 months till she will go to the Honor Academy! I'm going to miss her so much.

On Sunday evening I went out to dinner with Dad. Usually we go out for a birthday breakfast, but we couldn't find a restaurant we wanted to go to. We went to Goodfella's Pizza. We were going to go to a Pho Tai place by the Korean store, but when we were about to go in Dad saw that it was closed on Sundays. And for dessert we went to Sonic. I guess the manager gives the employees something to ask each time someone is ordering, because the girl who took our order asked if we wanted mozzarella sticks with our order. I don't really think mozzarella sticks go with ice cream, do you? It was really funny. Dad and I had a nice time together.

I don't think that this week we'll have much homework for ECC because the teachers weren't planning to have a break week. We've emailed our teachers though, so we'll find out.

Mom and Clara rode to the Girl Scout Cookie Mom's house to deliver some Girl Scout cookie money this afternoon.

It seems really soon that we'll be driving up to Michigan for Mary and Matt's wedding! We'll be leaving in 9 days. Wow.

Anyway, I know Auntie Steph is reading this, so I'm glad I'll see you soon!

P.S. This is Melissa...shhh...isn't Ellie doing a great job?




Dad and me in the car at Sonic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog and yes, I did read it - in fact have been looking all weekend for an update - so was glad to see this!!! (But I'm confused; did Ellie write the whole thing or did Melissa, or did Melissa just write the last comment about knowing that I was going to read it???)
Anyway, sounded like a very busy weekend for all of you and lots of fun and a great birthday dinner for Ellie - Ellie, that is a beautiful picture of you!!!! I am looking forward to seeing all of you in Michigan.
Love from Auntie Steph

Elicia said...

I wrote the whole thing, but Melissa read it before I published it, and she wrote something at the very end.
Yeah, it was kind of confusing.
I can't wait to see you!
-Ellie