Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our Life as of Late

I haven't written for a while. Anyway, recently we have been exploring a new Korean Market- it's called Super H Mart. It is near our house and is where the old Mervyn's was, and if you were inside you wouldn't be able to tell that it had been a clothes store. They have all kinds of crazy food. And great prices, according to Mom, for vegetables. They have a whole section devoted to kimchi and another big section for raw or alive fish. Some of they crazy things we found are these: shrimp meat balls, raw squid, bean cakes, green bean popsicles, fish sausage, giant calabaza squash, and lots of other things. There are neat dishes, and all kinds of things ranging from hair straighteners to rice storage units. When we bought 3 little bean cakes, we were expecting them to be like doughnuts, but they were squishy and chewy.
I (Ellie) finished today a pair of pajama pants that I was sewing. On Tuesdays Mom and I volunteer at the office. I helped in Dad's department today, which was fun. I stamped letters and scanned letters. I am planning to have my birthday party on February 29 to March 1 since it is a sleepover. My birthday is on the 21st. I'll be 14.
Tonight we went to GFA's Tuesday Night Prayer. I (Jeff) organized it. Which means I have to plan who is going to share prayer requests and how long each person's time can be. Tonight went well but it didn't go like I planned it. Sister Gisela (most of us call her Auntie Gisela) just got back from Germany and her sisters funeral. She asked if she could share a little about that, so that was a last minute change. I was also asked to give some time to another person to share some prayer requests. Everything worked out in the end. We got to hear some very encouraging things about how our brothers and sisters on the field are bearing up under the persecution. The church is growing in spite of all the attacks Satan is throwing at the church. We are more than conquerers through Christ!!

1 comment:

Elicia said...

Hey Dad-
So you started writing too? Cool. It's kind of funny thought how the I changes who it is talking about. Bye!