Thursday, July 31, 2008

Update from... Michigan???

Well, I (Ellie) am in Michigan for my vacation and spending time with my aunt and uncle and cousins! I came all by myself. So it was a little bit strange to not be on vacation with my whole family, since that's what we always do. We've mostly just been hanging out. We've gone to the pool, and the library, and today we went blackberry picking.
Right now Auntie Toni is making preserves to can them. Canning in jars is kind of an oxymoron, because why don't you can in cans and jar in jars? I suppose it would be more confusing. Anyway, we picked 9 quarts of blackberries, and ate alot of them too. Matt said he ate as many as he picked. Because the bushes were thorny, we are somewhat scratched up on our legs and arms. I wore flip flops and shorts, which was silly.
Mary and Matt have a mini dachshund named Lexi and she is only 12 weeks old. She is tiny and adorable. It is fun to watch her walk and play, because sometimes her back end doesn't quite keep up with her front end.
Oh, I also got two cards from Mema and Auntie Steph today. It was special to get cards while I'm on vacation.
Tonight we are having steak and potato salad and spinach salad, and homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream! Sarah and I made it today. It tastes pretty delicious, and I bet it will taste better when it's all the way frozen and everything.
Tomorrow we are going to go to the zoo. All of us, Toni, John, Ryan, Sarah, Matt, Mary, and me. We are going to take a picnic lunch and spend pretty much all day there.
It's strange not being at my home for a while like this. They will probably be almost finished on remodeling the kitchen.

Well, that's all for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im gald your having a good time! Who is the closest to your age in your cousins? im guessing sarah? but idk im just guessing - how was michelles (sp?) trip to chicago?? my sis lives there and loves it so hopefully M. did too!!! I went and loved it it was amazing. Your in Detroit??? cool!

anyways email me as soon as you can
give me a sign that u even read the comments.

_AUDRA_

melissa said...

i miss you!!! haahaa michelle. EVERYONE calls me that. no joke.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ellie,
I am so glad to read a blog from Michigan! That is so cool. It sounds like you are having so much fun. I'm also glad you got our letters. Did they come on the same day???!! I didn't know Mema had written and then Uncle Moky told me about it yesterday. I'm glad you got both of them while you were there. I bet you miss your sisters but it's really special that you're having this great time with your aunt/uncle and cousins. I can't wait to see pictures!
You're probably close to going home so have a safe trip and I'll call soon.
Love from Auntie Steph
PS: "Michelle" how funny!