Monday, July 7, 2008

Demolition of the Kitchen

This past weekend Dad and our friend Matt replaced the kitchen window. So here are some pictures of that.


We had to peel off all the gold brick tile that was the backsplash in the inside.








And it has looked like this all week- construction amid food preparation.


Dad has been working on the inside now.

Yesterday Dad was gooping on the joint compound. He smoothed it out too.




And we were looking at Lowe's at the backsplash tile. These are the ones we like the best because the accent tiles match what we have in the kitchen and the design is not very strange, like bowls of fruit or something.

And RYP is over now. We were all really tired since we stayed up late both nights.

Melissa will be going with her church high school choir to Chicago on Wednesday, the 16th, for a Choir Tour/Mission Trip. She will be gone until the 25th. The choir will be having concerts at Navy Pier, Sears Tower, and Pacific Garden Rescue Mission. They will also be doing things with Armitage Baptist Church, and doing a VBS.


I (Ellie) will fly up to Detroit on the 28th to spend 9 days with my aunt and uncle there. I am excited to go, and also a little scared of going by myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ellie,
Good catch up on the kitchen remodel. Wow - what a big job!! I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to do that. It looks nice, and I like the tiles that you selected.
I got a quick note from Melissa just before her trip so I'm hoping to get a postcard while she is away.
I'm excited for you that you get to go to Michigan!! That is very exciting and I'm sure you'll have a blast. Lucky you! (Maybe someday you can do the same and come to see me?????!!)
Have a great time and write a letter from there and tell me all about your vacation.
Love from Auntie Steph

Anonymous said...

COOL!!! i will pray for your safty while you rin detroit sounds like fun!!!!!!!!!!