Monday, June 30, 2008

Catching Up

I haven't written for so long-- two weeks! And I promised myself that I would write every four days! Well, I'm writing now.

Last Saturday, the 28th, our family went to the The Rebelution Tour, a conference by these twins, Alex and Brett Harris, who are challenging teens to rebel against the low things expected of them in this day and age. It lasted all day. We were challenged by it, and enjoyed going to it.






Afterwards we went to Braum's, our favorite local ice cream parlor. Both Melissa and I got Sicilian orange sherbet, so it's red (like Sicilians oranges). It was delicious.


We have been getting ready for the Renewing Your Passion conference that GFA is having soon. It is from July 11 to 13. I think Dad is going to be really busy.



Because we are going to re-do the kitchen soon, Dad took off one layer of the kitchen window. I guess you would call it the storm window? He and Mom did that on Sunday. And the new window we ordered is in at Lowes, and Dad is going to pick it up tonight.



And our garden is producing much foliage. We have gotten tomatoes, an eggplant, radishes, and herbs, but no peas or beans. The pea plants are dead-ish and dry, but the bean plants are doing well, but with no beans, only flowers. I hope that means that there will soon be beans.


Melissa planted beans along the fence here, and she didn't think they would actually grow. But they have been doing better than almost any of the other plants.




And we have been getting lots of morning glories, although recently we haven't had as many.




I suppose I should put a picture of an actual morning glory.






And here is evidence of some produce! A tomato that didn't get eaten by birds. Actually, the tomato in the 'protecting' cage was the only one that actually got eaten, I think because there were wires for the bird to stand on.





You can sort of see the eggplant in my hand. I look really excited about it. But it's not like my sisters and I hate eggplant, because Mom cooks it up a really good way, so it's delicious.


Later this month, from July 16 to 26, Melissa is going to go to Chicago for our church high school choir mission trip. So she is busy going to choir practice.

Tonight we are having 4 young adults over for dinner. Mom is going to make lasagne and I am going to make lemon bars.

This afternoon Mom had her friend over. Usually we sew together, but this time we talked and ate lunch together. It was nice to see her, because we haven't gotten together for a while.



3 comments:

Courtney said...

oh, i was wondering how the Rebelution went! i had to miss it b/c we were out of town. :( i'm so glad to hear that you were all able to go, and that it was good!

Anonymous said...

I WENT LAST YEAR! I WANTED TO GO THIS YEAR BUT IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!
I HOPE IT MOVED YOU!!

EMAIL ME ELLIE!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellie,
Nice update! I just wrote you a letter and it's going out in today's mail so you should have it this week. Tell Melissa to get in touch with me before she goes to Chicago - or to take my address with her and send me a postcard from there!
Love,
Auntie Steph