Wednesday, January 21, 2009

tea, glorious tea by melissa

I want to show you how to make my favorite drink, tea, the best way. 

you need: 1 french press

1 teapot with boiling water

several tablespoons of loose tea (the more the better). I am using earl grey this time; earl grey tea with roses from the New Mexico Tea Company. 

doesn't earl grey with roses sound like something the bennetts would have been drinking?

pour hot water into french press:


then steep for 3 to 5 minutes:

and steep...

and steep...

and stir...

and then french press it.

choose a favorite mug and add sugar:
pour hot tea into mug. 

and enjoy!

(and this is how it usually ends up: ellie and clara enjoying it as well)

5 comments:

Elicia said...

thanks for the how-to!

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I could just about taste it! I will have to get a french press, just so that I can do this as well as you. Thanks for the lesson - can't wait to have tea with all of you......sometime???!!!!
Love ya,
Auntie Steph

Anonymous said...

Cool! Thanks, Melissa :) MM

Unknown said...

lol thank you sooo much melissa!
~audra

Jen said...

Melissa, that's totally a tea the Bennetts would have. I can hear Mrs. Bennett calling for Lizzy and waving her smelling salts right now. . . . ;)